Quick IronOCR Troubleshooting
For general access and application issues, please try the following suggestions:
1. Please ensure that you have the latest version 2015-2019 of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio installed on your target machines - as Tesseract depends on this.
- x86 machines requires x86 only
- x64 machines require both x86 and x64
Production servers are typically more locked down than development or testing machines. Please ensure that the server has internet access to download required components (on first run).
2. Ensure Full Control permissions are applied for the following users to your system default temp folder (on Windows, this is normally /windows/temp) and the input files/location:
- AppPool identify/IIS User (typically IUSER)
- ASPNET (where applicable)
After updating the library version, or changing license keys, we advise to redeploy a CLEAN version of your application, to reduce the likelihood of DLL caching.
3. Please try downloading the library in to a clean project, wiping all Windows temp files and cache folders on your servers.
- Manually delete IronOcr from the temp folder or the specified Installation Path
- Uninstall the library, including ticking the Remove dependencies tick-box
- Manually remove the NuGet cache from this location: (%userprofile%\. nuget\packages).
- Clear the cache automatically through Visual Studio by choosing the following option: Go to Tools > NuGet Package Manager > General, and then click Clear All NuGet Cache(s).
- Clearing All NuGet Caches Automatically.
4. Set a new Installation Path in a new directory outside of Program Files, Temp, Users to the users listed in step 2: https://ironsoftware.com/csharp/ocr/object-reference/api/IronOcr.Installation.html#IronOcr_Installation_InstallationPath
If that does not help to resolve the issue, please review our Engineering Request list for IronOCR. This provides the information needed by our engineers to provide the swiftest turnaround on a technical inquiry.